Started in 1936 by H.M. "Hank" Shirtcliff Jr., Shirtcliff Oil Co. Started with Hank being an agent for Shell Oil Co. As the industry changed he became a consignee and in 1966 a full line jobber.
 
John took over after Hank became ill in 1972. After 55 years with Shell Oil Company; Shell Oil decided to withdraw from Oregon. In 1991 Shirtcliff Oil Co. was incorporated and a contract was established with Texaco. In 1996 the 6 retail units were re-branded from Texaco to Chevron.
 
We now operate 6 Chevron Branded and 2 Penny Pincher Retail locations. These include 5 convenience stores, 3 A&W Restaurants, 3 Pacific Pride commercial fueling locations, and 4 car wash locations.
We operate 2 truck and trailer transports, 5 tank wagon delivery trucks, and now employ approximately 160 people.